Phil the Shelf - BBC Radio Wales

Phil Rickman explores the attraction of horror and nouveau-gothic fiction with authors Suzanne McLeod (The Sweet Scent of Blood) and Peter Luther (The Mourning Vessels). Listen here until the 20.12.08.

*

Phil Rickman [a best-selling crime writer] does a radio show where he interviews published authors about their books. [A very nervous me in this particular one!] Not only does he talk to Peter and myself, but also to Anne Rice!

At the same time he also invites aspiring authors to send in the start of their novel, along with a synopsis, which he then forwards to a relevant publisher for their comments. In this episode two aspiring horror authors have sent in their novels and Jo Fletcher* [my editor at Gollancz] gives advice to them about their submissions. John Jarrold [my agent]also talks about the current market for fantasy and horror.

*


Ever wondered what a radio studio looks like?

Via the wonders of technology, I was able to sit in my local radio studio for the show, which despite the fact I was on my own [and did I mention nervous!] and not much larger than a broom cupboard [the show's producer's description, not mine] was really pretty cool.






* no prizes for guessing that it was thanks to my editor that I was interviewed for the show *g*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...