Friday Three!

1. I had a trip up to London yesterday and my editor, the wonderful Ms Redfearn, treated me to a scrumptious afternoon tea of delicious cakes, pastries and tasty finger sandwiches, very appropriately* here! Nomnomnom! And we had a great chat about what The Shifting Price of Prey needs to make it the best book it can be! So I'm plotting those ideas over, and hope to have all the revisions done in the next 3'ish weeks! Yay! Then it's on to #5 The Hidden Rune of Iron, which I'm eager to do, to see where Genny & Co., go next!

(And I can tell you that, yes, my editor did ask me That Question, you know, the one about Genny and who she might end up with . . . and I told her . . . she will have to wait, like everyone esle, till that part of Genny's story is written. *evil author cackles* *g*)

**
Book # 4


2.  Then I spent a fabulous evening at 'A Wake for Isak' a.k.a. a party to celebrate awesome author Tom Lloyd writing The End on the fifth and final book in his Twilight Reign series: The Dusk Watchman. With lots of bubbly, vino, and mojitos* to wet the finished book's pages interesting and great chats about things SFF and Book'ish with Gollancz folk and author pals Chris WoodingJaine Fenn, and Stephen Deas. And was delighted to meet author Simon Morden  and bookseller and blogger Den Patrick, who has a great post on Thoughts on Women in SFF on his blog. 

**

3.  Oh! Books! Lots of fabulous books! Thank you to some lovely book fairies.:-D

Down Home Murder: Toni L.P. Kelner
Tight as a Tick: Toni L. P. Kelner
Wed and Buried: Toni L. P. Kelner
The Sookie Stackhouse Companion: Charlaine Harris
Fire and Thorns: Rae Carson
The Iron Jackal: Chris Wooding
A Long, Long Sleep: Anna Sheehan
The Vampire Shrink: Lynda Hilburn





*which is right opposite the building where Genny lives!
* Why yes, I feel fine today, thank you ;p

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...